Thursday, April 9, 2015

Why Kids are the BEST

I'm so excited to share that I've been admitted to UW Seattle's Masters in Elementary Teaching Program! In the spirit of celebration, I thought I'd share my favorite kids quotes (because as we know, kids just say the darndest things.)



"Miss Sowers, did you know that I rode a dinosaur to school today?"
-Will, 4 years old

"Did you know that dinosaurs have to be naked all the time? They don't wear any clothes!"
-Noah, 5 years old

"Miss Sowers, did you know that you are older than my grandma? And she is older than Jesus!"
-LorieMae, a 4 year old who has no concept of time

"Miss Sowers, your hair looks different today. But don't worry, your face is still the same."
-2nd grader

"My dad did my pony today (pony= ponytail.) Yeah...he's not very good."
-Raya, 4 year old

My 5th grade nanny girl, Noelle, complaining about her sister: "She should be called 'Goodness Gracious!' and I should be called 'Number One Most Awesome,' because I am incredibly awesome."

Noelle's sister, Anya:
"Kendra, I have a really special present for you! I've been waiting to give it to you all day."
"Well, your presents have been awesome before, so I'm excited."

 When I stop the car at their house, she nearly flies at me from the back seat and before I can say, "Ah!!" she stamps my forehead with a rhino stamp! Whaat?
But it doesn't turn out like a rhino... it looks like a giant hickey.
Well, thanks, evil child. I should have known better.


"So, when we're born do we come down as a seed?"
"Um...yeah, kind of like that."
-Devin, 4 year old asking THE QUESTION

"Someday when I grow up, I'm going to marry my brother!"
-Raya, 4 years old

"Are we doing paper machete today?"
-4th grader

"Whad up, bwo!"
"Hey bwo!"
"Hey gee!"
-4 year olds with swag who can't pronounce their r's 

"Kendra, I think if you were a boy instead of a girl you'd be really buff."
(Thanks, but where'd that come from? I'm so skinny!)
-Noelle, 5th grade

"I was praying for you all night in my heart."
-Mia, 6 years old, when I was pretty sick last fall

No comments:

Post a Comment